Planning Dimension Questions

Jun 29, 2011
Texas
We just moved from San Diego Ca to Houston Tx. We are looking at purchasing a home and want a pool. One home we're looking at doesn't have a pool, but I've pulled plat and easements for the lot. Looks like a rear easement and side Building set back. I'm not looking to mess with these, but want to know what size I have to work with.

I'm comfortable with the easement code and looking to use basic pavers set down on sand base, thus not fixed structure. However I'm unclear how much room I need to leave between pool physical edge and easement when considering fixed structure. I've never built a pool before, but suspect the first round of coping is placed with concrete, but does steel or concrete need to go some distance horizontally around pool perimeter? I also assume piping needs some physical space around pool. Even a rule of thumb would help.

When considering the rear easement, side building set back, and how much of the yard I want to give up to the pool, I have max 20' x 35' space for fixed structure. If I assume minimal perimeter of fixed permenant coping in design, how large of a pool 'could' fit in that space?

Should have noted that one side would have no restrictions other than how much yard to give up. So it is feasible most or all plumbing could run there, but suspect I'd want something (return, cleaner etc) on the opposite side.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.