Chicago, IL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi Experienced Pool Owners! Please see my pool placement in my backyard attached. My plan is to put my deep end with diving board on north end of pool and shallow end on south. Shallow end will have corner steps with 1 or 2 benches attached. My thought was to have Shallow end on south where there is more concrete for seating. I'm interested to hear others thoughts!

1. Would you suggest putting deep end with diving board on north or south end?
2. Which side would you place corner steps? Closer or further from house?

Attachments

• 20210115_081402.jpg
    20210115_081402.jpg
    589.1 KB · Views: 60
Most place the shallow end and the steps closest to the patio from where you would walk from the house to the pool.
A diving board indicates splashing so you would want that farther from your seating area or where people may be congregating.

Reactions: mmesqc1578
1. Deep end north. Majority of your patio is to the south. Nice to have the shallow end where people will be hanging out
2. Steps on the southwest corner.

Unless......you have the ability to shift the "pool water" area to the south west corner of that yellow rectangle. Then I would but the shallow end to the north and the steps in the NW corner

1. Deep end north. Majority of your patio is to the south. Nice to have the shallow end where people will be hanging out
2. Steps on the southwest corner.

Unless......you have the ability to shift the "pool water" area to the south west corner of that yellow rectangle. Then I would but the shallow end to the north and the steps in the NW corner
Thank you! Unfortunately, I am unable to shift the pool water. We are limited where we can place the pool water due to the location of our septic field. The pool water cannot be pushed any further south than where it currently is in the drawing.

Most place the shallow end and the steps closest to the patio from where you would walk from the house to the pool.
A diving board indicates splashing so you would want that farther from your seating area or where people may be congregating.
Thanks! Good point about the splashing with the diving board! Hadn't thought of that.

I agree with the above sentiment. Our set up will be similar to yours. I would recommend the deep end being north because people will hang out in the shallow end which you will want near your patio area.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.