Cedar Park, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I have the TF-Pro Salt kit. Regarding the alkalinity test, should I be looking for a deep red color? Or is a pink color sufficient? Honestly, I have a hard time knowing when to stop. Any tips are greatly appreciated.

I’m in deep on this testing stuff. I just spent way too much money on an Apera PH meter.

On this and all other drops based test, hold the dropper vertical and allow the drops to form and then fall from the tip. Try not to squirt them out. Then you keep adding drops and counting until the LAST drop you add makes absolutely no further color change. Subtract that last drop and that is the endpoint of the test.

It's not an exact color you are looking for........it's when the color stops changing.

To add to what @duraleigh said many often refer to the color the test normally turns as “Barbie” pink but whatever color result you get/see the test is complete when there is no further change. Some conditions result in alternative colors.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.