Pin in multiport handle sliding out

AndyTN

Bronze Supporter
Mar 27, 2019
Memphis
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Anyone know how to get this metal pin in the multiport valve handle back into place? I guess after years of turning in the same direction, it is starting to slip out. The spring is so tight that even tapping it with a hammer or rubber mallet isn't getting it to move.

1598563257381.png 1598563309218.png

The handle is cocked up on the side a little. You need someway to press down on the top center of the handle to line the holes up so the pin will drive back in. A small board or rod strapped or clamped to the piping might work, but you'll need to get it just right to keep from cocking it the other way.

Thanks for the suggestions and I will have to play around with it when I get some time. I may wait until I do a deep clean of the sand filter when I have the valve assembly removed. This pin has been slowly moving out over a couple years.

Question: I was told years ago by a PB to only rotate the valve handle clockwise when switching the settings since moving back and forth would or counter clockwise would unwind the spring. There has never been a reason to question this until now. Any legitimacy to what that guy told me? I am now wondering if me moving it all the way around in the same direction is the reason this pin is sliding out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.