Phosphates in a salt pool

SO new salt test kit results was 3400, phosphate kit measured 3300. Never had I even considered phosphates in my pool for all these years until I took 1 sample to the pool store to the pool store to have my salt level tested. Thats what started all of this. I am now waiting on a new OEM salt cell(ouch price!!) and more CYA reagent .

Reactions: Newdude
Never had I even considered phosphates
At some point, and it's arbitrary and subjective, they should be addressed just because. Whether that's 2k, 3k or higher is up to the owner. They won't make algae appear and by themselves, they simply can't make algae appear.

But if you fall below minimum FC, you'll have a runaway train if algae starts to grow. As vigilant as you can be, you may hit minimum for many reasons that arent you slacking, including a power outage while you are away from home for the day.

It also sucks to buy expensive things to remove something that isn't a problem, but would make a possible future problem, more of a problem.

Keep us posted.

You can test your municipal supply to see that is the source of your phosphates. Many water suppliers use phosphates for scale and corrosion control.

At some point, and it's arbitrary and subjective, they should be addressed just because. Whether that's 2k, 3k or higher is up to the owner. They won't make algae appear and by themselves, they simply can't make algae appear.

But if you fall below minimum FC, you'll have a runaway train if algae starts to grow. As vigilant as you can be, you may hit minimum for many reasons that arent you slacking, including a power outage while you are away from home for the day.

It also sucks to buy expensive things to remove something that isn't a problem, but would make a possible future problem, more of a problem.

Keep us posted.
Thats a very good explanation. Once I get my new OEM saltcell installed. I will probably address the phosphates. Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.