Phone Storage Solutions

malonej7

May 7, 2020
Bristol, CT
I'm a new pool owner and am looking to see if anyone has any recommendations on solutions for storing phones (and similar electronic/valuable possessions) near their pool. Ideally it'd be easily accessible, but water proof and be able to protect them from heat, and can be placed somewhere on our patio. I want all visitors to have a safe place to leave these belongings.

Any suggestions would be welcome!

We have 2 of these. Dry as a bone, out of the direct sunlight and the kids even sit on them to sunblock. Fold up a towel on the bottom and make it the wallet/phone holder.
Thank you for the suggestion. That does look like a quality storage solution and I may get one. I was hoping something exists that is specifically designed with a pocket/section to hold phones and other small valuables. My searches so far haven't found such a thing yet though so I may be out of luck!

What about a small Rubbermaid like tub/container. Have the kids make an art craft out of it with the hot glue gun.

Reactions: malonej7
It might not be elegant, but into my head popped the idea of making a bag with at least 1 grommet or a drawstring that can hang on a hook away from the splash zone, if the bags are not waterproofed. I think I'm going to give this a go using odds and ends I've got laying around. Maybe a plastic 1-quart or 1-gallon ziploc bag inside the larger cloth bag for water protection. Now to figure out how many to make and how many hooks will be needed. LOL.

Thanks for asking about this, j7. Always good to get ideas for little things that can be done.

What phone do you have? Most phones today are water resistant and should not need any special protection. I can take underwater videos with mine (Samsung).

It might not be elegant, but into my head popped the idea of making a bag with at least 1 grommet or a drawstring that can hang on a hook away from the splash zone, if the bags are not waterproofed. I think I'm going to give this a go using odds and ends I've got laying around. Maybe a plastic 1-quart or 1-gallon ziploc bag inside the larger cloth bag for water protection. Now to figure out how many to make and how many hooks will be needed. LOL.

Thanks for asking about this, j7. Always good to get ideas for little things that can be done.
Yeah I like that idea, and we will likely end up doing something similar. If you end up making something that works well I'd love to see pictures when done!

What phone do you have? Most phones today are water resistant and should not need any special protection. I can take underwater videos with mine (Samsung).
We have iPhones, but wasn't only worried about the water. Wanted a good place to keep them out of direct sunlight as well, but still easily accessible for people to use them for photos or whatever else they need them for. Along with keys and wallets and anything else might make sense to keep dry/cool/safe.

We have iPhones, but wasn't only worried about the water. Wanted a good place to keep them out of direct sunlight as well, but still easily accessible for people to use them for photos or whatever else they need them for. Along with keys and wallets and anything else might make sense to keep dry/cool/safe.

Wouldn't they just heat up more in a case like an otter box? I usually do have my phone near the pool while swimming since I use it to control water features or music selection but I just put it on one of the tables under an umbrella. Keys and wallet are in the house.

Wouldn't they just heat up more in a case like an otter box? I usually do have my phone near the pool while swimming since I use it to control water features or music selection but I just put it on one of the tables under an umbrella. Keys and wallet are in the house.
Yeah you may be right and we may end up doing that if another solution doesn't make sense. Wanted a place for our guests as well, which is why an outside the house solution is preferred.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My 15 year old puts his phone into a Ziplock bag when he takes it into the spa. It is surprisingly effective, and the phone actually fits really nicely in the sandwich bag size. I was impressed at his resourcefulness.

Mine is water resistant to like 5 feet or something, but has a small crack in it. I put mine under the umbrella on a bench near the ledge with a towel so I can dry my hands off and easily reach it. If it's in direct sun it heats up FAST.

We use a towel. We fold a towel in half and put it at the edge of the pool. Phones go between the folds. Keeps the phones from over heating, and you can dry your hand before using the phone. I also take an echo tap on top of the towel so I can yell at it to change the music.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.