Phoenix pre-gunite inspection -backfilled or no?

ddoggphx

Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2021
Phoenix AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
For pre gunite does plumbing and electrical need to be exposed or can it be backfilled?

Gas already passed inspection and is backfilled, had to be open for inspection tho.

For pre-gunite can we backfill beforehand or do we need to wait?

Always best to ask the inspector directly. Pretty much every municipality has slightly different requirements.

The plumbing should be left open until a pressure test is done which usually happens after gunite. You don’t want to backfill all those trenches and then have a leak somewhere.

Reactions: ddoggphx
We had ours under pressure after the plumbing and all thru the shotcrete phase but I did backfill after the pre shotcrete inspection
the inspector in Pinal county only wanted to see the bond wire and electrical trench from the house panel to the pool panel

the reason I backfilled was for safety of the shotcrete crew but the Poolbuilder had every intention of making them cross that 3'wide 3' deep ditch and climb over the dirt mounds to accomplish their task

Reactions: ddoggphx
the reason I backfilled was for safety of the shotcrete crew but the Poolbuilder had every intention of making them cross that 3'wide 3' deep ditch and climb over the dirt mounds to accomplish their task
Exactly why I'm asking. Safety would say backfill.

Reactions: Zmann
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.