PH Problem!

ATM I cannot afford a $200 test kit. So I have no way of testing TA. The PH continues to be 8.0. I tested tap water and bottled water with the same kit and got different results than I am getting from the pool, so I am not sure if the kit is to blame. I just added more MA (2nd time today), and will see what happens. Then I am probably going to go ahead and add the chlorine because we really need to not get algae started.

Willow, everyone here is/will help you get your pool in shape. I too was a follower of the Clorox flock, until I found this site. I can tell you first hand, stop using anything they sell!!!
None of the test kits costs 200.00 bucks, you can always start with this kit below(you can purchase regent refills later) and it will give you all the results you need for everyone to help you. Not only that, but you WILL save money in the long run, and have a safer and healthier pool.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004BGF7TI?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_pd_title

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

I have to agree, until you can get a good set of test results, you are kind of acting blind.

While the K-2006 test linked to above might be a little cheaper up front, the refills are going to be needed soon. The TF-100 from tftestkits.net is the better deal at $70 + shipping.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.