Ph Control with Stenner Pump?

Apr 24, 2018
King George, Va
With travel, vacation etc. I'm lucky to be able to check/adjust my pool chemistry on the weekends. I managed pretty well last year, but was always high on the Ph, 8.0 or slightly higher, at the beginning of every weekend. This year, I'm thinking about installing a stenner pump, tank and injector in my water line this year to automatically inject muriatic acid so that I can try and better automatically manage the PH and reduce the amount of manual adjustments I need to do. I'm just not sure what I should be looking for?

When looking at some of the pump/tank setups online they come in all sorts of configurations, and I don't know which one I'll need? It looks like the various parameters are the tank size, the pump voltage, the PSI rating, and the gallons per day rating. Some of the kits come complete with tubing and the injector, so I think I'd only need to add the T junction to my plumbing setup. But I'm not sure what size tank I'd need (15 gallons seems plenty), what pump speccs I'd need, or if you're better off buying the peices peice-meal rather than getting a complete setup? If someone can provide some advice on what I need that'd be a big help. Thanks.

I did try to do a site search, but when clicking on the search results I keep getting an error saying the post is not found :(

Thanks for your help.

Lots of folks have used a Stenner pump for acid injection. The Search (stenner acid) should come up with plenty of results. I used a Stenner pump for chlorine and went with the 10gpd model. Since you are using it for acid, you don't need as much volume per dose. The 3gpd pump should work just fine. It will give you 16oz of acid per hour of Stenner run time.
Go with the single head, fixed rate pump. The variable rate isn't needed. You can control the dose with a timer (or automation). Most pool plumbing is operating at fairly low pressure so you can go with either the 25 psi or 100 psi model. I believe the only real difference is the 100 psi has the addition of a check valve. I think it's good to have it. Go with the Stanoprene tubing. Voltage is based on what you have at the pad and your timer. Probably match the main pump. You need the main pump running to inject the acid and should tie the electrical feeds together for safety.
You can use the 7.5 gallon or 15 gallon tank depending on how fast you think you would use the acid and how much room you have. The acid doesn't easily degrade.

If it was me, I'd choose:
Item number: 45MFH1A4S + tank VERIFY the model !!
Single Head Fixed Output Injection Pump
3.0 gpd / 100 psi
120V 60Hz
3/8" UV Black
Santoprene

build the item number here

Last edited:
Very helpful response.. Thanks.. That's pretty much what I was hoping to find out:

The folks in the link below seem to have what you suggest. Is this what you proposed? Is it a good deal, or am I better off buying the individual pieces. and assembling them myself?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.