Gold Supporter
May 22, 2018
Elmhurst, IL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Will be closing in a week or two. Noticed that pH has been rising lately… currently around 8. However, I also noticed that as water temp drops the Pool Math calculation for CSI also goes down. So… should I just leave pH at the current level and not adjust? CSI currently at .17 with pH at 8 and water temp at 68. Temp of 40 will drop CSI to -.1. What is the lowest water temp I should enter to get accurate CSI for winter water temp? Thanks.

Our closing instructions recommend closing at about 7.4 - 7.6. This is usually accomplished in the Sept - Oct time frame for many owners. It should be an adequate pH range for now and allow time for the pH to rise and water temps to crash later in the Dec - Feb time frame so that it all balances itself out better.

Our closing instructions recommend closing at about 7.4 - 7.6. This is usually accomplished in the Sept - Oct time frame for many owners. It should be an adequate pH range for now and allow time for the pH to rise and water temps to crash later in the Dec - Feb time frame so that it all balances itself out better.

So.... bring it down form 8 to about 7.6 now if closing in a couple weeks?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.