Permit Denied, have a pool to sell

bafuehrer

Sep 15, 2021
Michigan
After a year of town board meetings, we were denied a building permit for our inground pool. We signed the contract in the spring of 2021 and locked in the pricing but unfortunately, we are not able to build the pool. The pool supplier will take back the steel panels since the price has only increased since we purchased but not the liner or sun ledge. Any suggestions as to what may be our best course of action? I realize this is very unusual, we are trying to limit the financial impact.

Appreciate any guidance or thoughts.

Pool is 18x36x6 with a 10x10x12 sun ledge

• Wow
Reactions: Mdragger88
Wow this sucks I'm sorry to hear it. You could always contact an attorney and see if you have a case. What were the reasons for the denial?

Oh my, that's terrible. Sorry it went down like it did. :(

Plaster what you have everywhere from FB marketplace to Craigslist. You only need *1* of the right buyer to see it. I understand recouping a garanteed amount by returning the walls, but I think you would have had a better chance selling the complete pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.