Perma Salt System

Aug 4, 2017
Indianapolis. IN
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
We just bought a new house with an AG pool. It has a Perma Salt System attached. We didn’t have this in our previous pool, so I’m wondering if it’s worth using? If so, any pro tips? The pool wasn’t taken care of for quite awhile but I’ve managed to turn the water from green to crystal clear and there are no longer any resident tadpoles. :)

The best "magic fix" is a SWG :D

I am not familiar with the everything about the Perma Salt system as to whether it has a SWG combined with the copper ionization. If there was a way to disable the copper, then it may be useful.

Alternative, if you already have all the salt, could just add a separate SWG.

No, there is no SWG built in to permasalt. It's just copper and the occasional cal-hypo shock.

A real saltwater chlorine generator would certainly lessen the work, as far as physical work. No magic about it though, sorry. It does kind of feel like magic to plug something in and have it make chlorine for you.

Online reviews of pool care products are rarely left by people who know much about water chemistry. Both the positive ones and negative ones boil down to "I added this to the pool and it did/didn't clear up within the next day." Little to no substance, just blindly throwing stuff against the wall and praising the one that sticks as special.

I will look in to adding a SWG, especially if that will decrease the need for daily chlorine. This pool is much bigger than our old one and it’s been a struggle to keep my chemicals balanced and the pool itself clean of debris.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.