Pentair Warrior SI

vgomez1

Silver Supporter
Oct 13, 2017
NTX
Pool Size
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Received my Pentair Warrior SI today - it is a 2018. Ran it through two cycles, standard and quick, after a very windy week. Initial thoughts - it cleans much better than my old Polaris but not as much of the pool as the Polaris. Maybe it's the shape of the pool, but there are definitely areas it missed, even after two cycles. I find the app to offer zero value. Unless I have an outdated app, Prowler 930, it is not responsive to the remote operation. If anybody has some tips or lessons learned, please let me know. Thx.

My lesson learned is that indeed the app is useless and spending an extra $50 for it was a waste. Used it once, never again.
Regarding it missing areas, it seems the path programming is inadequate to deal with irregularly shaped pools. Many times it will get stuck moving back and forth on the same path over and over, especially when running the 1 hour program. You will find that the regular program, where it climbs walls, will help it cover more of the pool just because it seems to be able to escape the repetitive path by climbing a wall.
The actual wall climbing/scrubbing feature is a cheap party trick IMO. It gets disrupted by any irregular feature it encounters, jets, skimmers, seats, stairs, etc. and accomplishes little.

Thanks for the feedback. I am impressed with the level of cleaning it does. It cleans the pool very well with the exception of the missed spots. Pretty pleased.

Reactions: Newdude
I have the SI and the app works but its rather slow to respond. I think if you have a couple trouble spots its almost just as quick to grab your vacuum and manually vacuum those spots and put it away. It seems to turn right much better than turning left. You would think that it turns by each tread moving in the opposite direction. It seems to turn my moving forward and backward several times with one tread moving and the other one stopped, so its a rather long process to make a 90 degree turn. It does work, but you need a little patience. That having been said, mine does a great job of cleaning without using the app. We had some storms this past week that dumped a ton of debris in my pool. In one cycle it got virtually all of this debris, even in the spots that the Polaris never touched.

Attachments

• IMG_6867.jpg
    IMG_6867.jpg
    326.6 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_6868.jpg
    IMG_6868.jpg
    435.1 KB · Views: 40
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.