Pentair UltraTemp 140 Pool Heat Pump - went into defrost mode

Jun 16, 2016
Quogue new york
I had the heat pump on for 3 days and two nights. I normally don’t run heat pump at night but kids are here for the weekend and I wanted 84 degrees water. I had 84 degrees yesterday. I keep the heater on Saturday night and when I got up at 4 am the heater was off and said defrost mode. I checked everything and I didn’t see any ice anywhere. The only way to restart was to hit the CB off & on. The heat pump when back on and working. Water temperature is 81 now. I will see if water temperature goes up today. If water temperature goes up should I call a AC guy ?

Reactions: Mardi M
I check for any codes. None. I don’t think it’s smart to run heat pump at night ? Look at the numbers . Heat pump runs all day 7 am to 7 pm and water temperature gets to 83 84 degrees. Shut down for the night and at 7 am water temperature is 79. Run it again in day time by 12 it’s 82 degrees by 7 it’s 84. If I run heat pump all night at 7 am it’s 80 degrees. Heat pump can’t keep up at night when temperatures are in high 40s or low 50s. Also I’m getting problems running heat pump at night. My 2 cents

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.