Cary, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-20
Hi, I'm looking to replace my current Sand Dollar (SD80) filter with a new Pentair filter. I can get the Triton II (TR100) or the commercial version (TR100C) for roughly the same price. The only difference I am aware of is the flow rate increases from 74 to 98 gpm with the commercial version. I will be using a Pentair 261050 hi-flow multiport valve and 2" piping at the pad, along with an IntelliFlo VS pump. My 18,000 gallon pool is also equipped with a heater and a spa.

Are there any other advantages/disadvantages I should be aware of in choosing the commercial version over the residential version?

There are no disadvantages with the tr100c. For for roughly the same price Go with the tr100c. It has two defussers and is much easier to change the sand out. A tr100c can take a beating for years without a deep clean or sand change.

Thanks for the info, the TR100c it is. I see they also have an add on where you can upgrade the laterals to Clearpro Technology. Worth it or overkill?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.