Pentair robot cleaners

cybertoad

Jan 30, 2019
California
Curious if anyone has any information about the Pentair line of robot cleaners. They appear to all be Maytronics relabeled units. Are the Pentair units that are on the market comparable to the Dolphin units that are currently available?

(BACKGROUND: The reason I'm asking is because our new Pentair Dorado cleaner is not working well. As I mentioned in another post, it is getting stuck in the deep end and not cleaning the shallow end at all. I'm having our pool builder initiate a warranty service on the unit. He said if they can't get it to work, they'll likely switch out the unit. I'm hoping they'll just give me a credit to upgrade to a robot cleaner instead of replacing it with another Dorado.)

The Pentair robots are just relabeled Maytronics (Dolphin) robots. I’d ditch the Durado, get a credit and shop for a Dolphin on your own. Dealers and PBs will sell machines with a heavy mark-up even though they’ll swear you’re getting them “at cost”. Baloney.

Go to Marina’s Pool & Spa website, browse their selection and call them on the phone to order it (phone call and credit card purchase required to get the full warranty). If you become a TFP Supporter, I believe this site still offers a coupon code for robots purchased at Marina’s. If you call and ask for Margaret, she’ll know the details.

Good luck.

Thanks for all the info! Would be nice if they'd give me a cash credit. My only reason for considering Pentair units was in the event they'll only offer credit towards Pentair merchandise. I'll definitely give Marina a call as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.