Pentair MobileTouch 2 battery replacement

looPA

Nov 17, 2021
San Jose
Moved from here.
Hey just got a Mobile Touch II unit that was used and the battery is toast. Opened it up and there are four Lithium Ion packet cells. Two in series and then a pair in parallel for 7.4v ~1600mAh capacity. No way I'm paying $150+ for a replacement.

Pentair made it tough with the 50mm x 70mm x ~8mm space. Probably going to grab four cells from here:

I will post if I find a pre-made one that fits.

Last edited:
BTW the Pentair pairing instructions are written fine. I just had trouble making sure to be in the "Advanced" screen when pressing buttons 2 + 4 to reach the pairing screen. Then when you do select "Lock on Address" the only confirmation you get is that the screen changes to then confirm to again select "Lock on Address" If it does not then your receiver on the pool controller isn't hooked up. If successful the unit only goes back to the service screen, thus you need to go to the next step and Reset the pool controller. I had thought it would say something....anything positive about the locking.

The character limitations and also light "groups" now make more sense. The iPad app stuff all came after these physical controllers. The Mobile Touch seems to have a lot more light control features that ScreenLogic is missing. Perhaps the MagicStream actually works on this one. (iPad does not actually disable thumper on Laminars unless you do the 3x Party Mode method)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.