Pentair MasterTemp Wiring to Easy Touch Where is Jumper?

May 14, 2017
Manassas, VA
Hello,
I recently installed a MasterTemp 300 and about to hook it up to my EasyTouch, however i am confused as to exactly where the "fireman's Switch" is that i need to disconnect. As a note, i will be hooking up a screen logic to the easy touch as well.

In another post, i received this response:

"Then open up the heater circuit board and remove the red jumper wire (that's connected to the "fireman's switch"). Then you need a 2 conductor wire that goes from the heater circuit board fireman's switch to the EasyTouch. It goes into the EasyTouch panel through the low voltage raceway, and up to the back of the EasyTouch circuit board to the HTR connection.

Then the heater has power whenever the pump is on. When the panel calls for heat, it sends a 24v signal from the EasyTouch Panel to the fireman's switch to tell the heater to turn on."

I have a 2 conductor 18 gauge wire ready to go the the EasyTouch which is fairly straight forward, but when i open up the MasterTemp, there are many "red" wires. Which wire exactly and i looking for and where would it be located. Do you just remove the red jumper wire, or do you plug it in somewhere else? Also, on the back side of the mastertemp when you remove the panel, there is an on/off switch. What is that for? It is just above where the gas line is wired in.

See pictures below.

mastertemp1.jpgmastertemp2.jpgmastertemp3.jpgmastertemp4.jpg

The red jumper wire is the looped red wire on the right. Remove the jumper and wire the easytouch to those connectors. I don't know what the on/off switch is for, probably for the service man. I would leave it as you found it.

No, no! Please don't use that jumper. Here is the one that is recommended by the manufacturer. Use this yellow jumper. You will need to cut it and attach your sending wire or just attach spade connectors to your sending wire and attach.

This image shows location.

Heater wire from Easytouch is a two conductor. Picture is from a used heater (Explains blue wire nut). Yellow wire from factory is a loop that you cut and attach each end to Easytouch. Connection continues on through the fuse for protection (24 VAC).

Try putting the system into manual mode, turn on the filter pump, then hit the heater button. Go to the heaters' touch pad and turn the heater on, either pool or spa, it doesn't matter. Then turn the thermostat up all the way to 104 (max temp). Heater should fire. Now put the system back into auto mode, don't touch the control on the heater. You're all set (hopefully).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.