Pentair Mastertemp 400 cannot adjust temp up.

Brajta61

Aug 7, 2020
Citrus Heights
I have a Pentair Master Temp 400. All the buttons work except for the temp up button. I have pushed the rest button but that does not change anything. I can adjust the temp down but cannot get the pool above 77.

Any help I can get is appreciated.

Had the heater been working to higher temperatures prior to this use? Do you have your operating manual with you? I just had one installed and the installer showed me he set the max to 104deg. He said I can then set for any other temp up to that max. Could someone had set the max at 77? I also remember reading (I don't have my manual handy) that if you power off the unit for 10sec or so, it will reset. You may want to try that. Best to review your manual as there is are several pages for troubleshooting, if you have that handy.

I can adjust the temp down but cannot get the pool above 77.
If you adjust the temperature down, does the up button on the pad adjust back up but just not past 77 or the does the up bottom not work at all? The pad could be the issue and not the board.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.