Pentair iPad / iPhone interface

Because it was just released last week, many places probably have the older style. On the easytouch they just moved some components around. The breaker base is a single row, and the transformer is in the high voltage section now.

Attachments

• LoadCenter.pdf
    268.7 KB · Views: 31
I have called a couple of on-line distributors looking for the new Easy Touch load center. They are telling me that Pentair puts out the brochures long before they have product ready! If the new load center is just a larger (150 amp) base and extra circuit breaker slots, I guess I am safe ordering the "old" version. Don't need the increased power, just want to be sure I don't get an outdated electronics module. Any thoguhts Mr Cadillac - your insight has been very beneficial.
Thanks

No that is a new function of the new Intellitouch load center...which is also not yet in the distribution chain!
For some time now, the Easy Touch load center has included the transformer / power for the SWCG.

Thanks Ed. I am going to wait to purchase an Easytouch until I know that folks have had success getting it working with the Iphone/Ipad interface.

Hopefully by then it will be easy to know what revision levels everything must be, in order for it all to actually work with a minimum of swearing.

I really like the idea of NOT buying a clunky, $400-plus remote control, and instead using the Iphone in my pocket, or the Ipad that is sitting here on the kitchen counter.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Couldn't agree more. I would like to forego that 400 remote as well. Like you I have an ipad & iphone, and would really like to use them. I was just hoping to get the SWCG and automation installed and set up in the foreseeable future. I guess I can wait on the remote aspect of it, and just install the basic Easy Touch and hope for the best when (and if) they release the ipad / iphone capability.

Hi All - new to the forum. I've been watching this thread as I just got all my 15 year old equipment replaced with new pentair stuff: VS-3050, Easytouch 4, ITC40, Mastertemp 400. The part I thought this forum might like to know is that I got lucky and got a "new" easy touch 4, as far as I can tell from the description in this thread. It has both transformers in the high voltage section and a single rail for the breakers on the left. I live in the SF Bay area and got the equipment installed 2 days ago. So at least in NorCal, the new stuff is in the channel.

I ran cable out to the pad, so as soon as I hear that someone has made the iPhone work with the easy touch 4, I'll go buy and install the protocol adapter.

gqueller said:
Hi All - new to the forum. I've been watching this thread as I just got all my 15 year old equipment replaced with new pentair stuff: VS-3050, Easytouch 4, ITC40, Mastertemp 400. The part I thought this forum might like to know is that I got lucky and got a "new" easy touch 4, as far as I can tell from the description in this thread. It has both transformers in the high voltage section and a single rail for the breakers on the left. I live in the SF Bay area and got the equipment installed 2 days ago. So at least in NorCal, the new stuff is in the channel.

I ran cable out to the pad, so as soon as I hear that someone has made the iPhone work with the easy touch 4, I'll go buy and install the protocol adapter.

I have another protocol adapter on the way to use with an et8 so I'll let you know how it goes.

I just thought I would sign up to touch bases on some things.

1) There is nothing BIG about the ScreenLogic Router but here is the Issue. If you do not use the router and something happens guess what?
Pentair cant be much help. They can not make changes to personal networks and they only know what the IP Addresses should be. The 2nd part of this is, if the adapter does crash it will not be a 192.168.2.2 anymore. It will go to a .0 subnet thus if you dont use the pentair router your stuck buying another kit.

This is more of the safty of pentair so your stuff cant mess with it and it can play with your stuff. Why put your self in a spot to lose all help from pentair when there is no need to take out the router. It dont hurt anything. just use it. You never have to connect to it if you dont want to. Goes back to the old saying. KEEP IT SIMPLE. ScreenLogic works when you buy it. Its when you go in and try to trick stuff you have problems.

The whole things about port 7500-8500 & 444 all depends on your network. Screenlogic makes an OUTBOUND connection to there server so port forwarding is not needed. Only in some huge networks with switches is when you run into some issues.

ScreenLogic 5.0 is on its way. Here is a HINT. No router will be provided! The Adapter will be DHCP.

Also on the same note. For ScreenLogic to work on a EasyTouch. It works now with the 4.0 ver. You just have to know what your doing. It has always worked.
Its just not supported yet.

New CLC:
Those are not out yet, I think the last i heard will still be a few months. This is what you call a soft release. Some are out there but not many. Every now and then they ship a few hundred before killing the old ones just to be sure there is no issues.

Thanks for the info Archonis. Any more specific timing on ScreenLogic 5.0? Are you saying that there will be a new / different version of the protocol adapter with 5.0? Good to know that ScreenLogic 4.0 will work with Easytouch...

The adapter is the same. Nothing new about that. Just the software that is loaded on it will be new. When 5.0 comes out; Anyone with a 4.0 ver can update it from Pentair's website. (Last I heard)

Oh I just want to make a comment about the $400 remotes. I dont think pentair will ever allow full control with the iPhone\iPad\itouch. If they do; Would that not be cutting there self short? Lets look at this from a marketing stand point. Free app on one hand - profit on remotes and other devices in the other hand. See where im going with this?

Easytouch does not need any type of remote. You can do everything you need to do from the main box. ScreenLogic on the iphone will give you basic control, PC will give you full control.

Same goes with the Intellitouch now. I dont think there going to cut there self short by not trying to sell you remote, tablets and in-wall units. Just my thoughts.

archonis, your logic doesn't completely hold, since the iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad are not at all waterproof. There would still be a market for their remotes even with a full functioned iOS app. Still, you are probably correct that they are going to limit things, at least for now. They don't have any serious competition for smartphone pool control, so there is no pressure to do it especially well.

Jason, You stated "archonis, your logic doesn't completely hold, since the iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad are not at all waterproof."

Pentair has never clam there remotes are waterproof. In fact, there not. Even the new QT4 is not waterproof.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.