Pentair Intellichem with IntelliPH Acid Tank

Feb 19, 2017
Phoenixville, PA
I am just starting to have my 25000g inground pool resurfaced and I am replacing all the equipment to Pentair products. I initially purchased the IntelliPH system, but then realized that Intellichem would better suit my needs. I bought the Intellichem 521357 with flow sensor; can I use the acid tank that came with the IntelliPH (521377). I ask because there is a two prong plug on the acid tank wire- can I remove that plug to hardwire the acid tank pump into the Intellichem? I purchased the IntelliPH from Ebay and cannot return it. I was hoping I can integrate the tank to with the Intellichem without having to buy a different tank.

Well, just so happens I have an acid tank that came with my Intellichem in my garage since we haven't hooked up all of our pool equipment. It's a little dusty from sitting outside, but I can share some pictures of both the tank, and the connection that it has...

Unfortunately I was not able to find any sort of a model number on it. All it has is a serial number and a manufacturing date...

WP_20170219_08_19_37_Pro.jpg

WP_20170219_08_20_38_Pro.jpg

WP_20170219_08_21_04_Pro.jpg

@Mods - Unrelated question on the photos above: Does anyone know how I can adjust the pictures to show in the right orientation? They're correct on my computer, it just seems that the forum editor always puts them in landscape...is there a way to change this, or should I just make sure that I always take photos in landscape if I plan to post them?

Pentair changed pump heads on the acid containers a little while back . The older version was a ShurFlo pump and the newer version is a Stenner (the one pictured being a Stenner). I believe the voltage to be the same to both pump heads but your best bet is to contact Pentair. Their customer service is very helpful and I'd imagine they will let you know if there are any issues with what you are planning to do.

If my memory serves me correct this is the style connector you need to integrate to the controller:

A2male.jpg

Pentair changed pump heads on the acid containers a little while back . The older version was a ShurFlo pump and the newer version is a Stenner (the one pictured being a Stenner). I believe the voltage to be the same to both pump heads but your best bet is to contact Pentair. Their customer service is very helpful and I'd imagine they will let you know if there are any issues with what you are planning to do.

If my memory serves me correct this is the style connector you need to integrate to the controller:

View attachment 57193
Would you have the part number for that connector?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.