Pentair Intellibrite Stopped Working

Apr 7, 2018
FL
I have a Pentair intellibrite controller and LED light that suddenly stopped working. I noticed that the light that normally illuminated slightly (always very dim) when the button was depressed is no longer lit.

controller.jpg

My thought is that this implicates the controller as having gone bad. I took it off the wall and there is a black/white/red off it.

wires far.jpg

A little utube research and apparently you can replace one of these with a simple on/off up/down switch. Since the difference is about $200, and the light broke once before (not sure how it was fixed but no one drained the pool), I'm tempted to do this, if for no other reason to make a definitive diagnosis on it. My question is, out of the single bundle coming into the box, there are 2 blacks and 2 whites. How would those need to go on the switch?

wires close.jpg
Any help greatly appreciated!

For testing purposes, after turning off the circuit breaker for the pool light, connect the two black wires from the back of the box together, then turn the breaker back on. If the light works, then it's the Pentair controller switch; otherwise it's a different problem.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.