Pentair Globrite Install Question

shellbmb

Jun 5, 2018
ATX
6 year old pool with 5 globrite lights installed. I've had to replace every one so far and I think even one two times. I'm stuck with them. Anyways, installed a new one and everything seemed to be working fine. But now only after a month's time, the new one is out again. When I hit "sync" or change the color pattern, it will initially pop up full intensity with the rest of them, and then go dark again. I have an EasyTouch 4 controller and this is a globrite 602055 light. Did I wire it incorrectly? Or is there a setting I'm missing? They are pretty easy to install. Just two wires in the j-box. Thoughts? TIA.

I don't see how you could wire them incorrectly and still have them pop on and then back off. It's just the two wires, with all lights installed in parallel.

In the J-Box, have you measured the AC voltage coming from the transformer? What transformer are you using?

I'm using an Intermatic Model PX100. I opened up the J-box and confirmed all the connections were solid. Same issue. I have not tested the voltage.

It's just odd the way that light is performing. I've had several Crud out on me and they behaved differently. But could just be a bad light.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.