Pentair - Genuine Parts

Jul 25, 2010
Folks,
Just FYI to be careful you are getting Pentair, or any other genuine part for that matter when on line ordering. Especially if the part is pricey and/or a bit of a pain to fit. I ordered a genuine Pentair front housing assy, credit card was billed 135USD. I received a CMP equivalent, they sell at 84 USD. I was able to spot the issue but the part arrived with no packing slip nor bag enclosure, but the CMP p/n is at about the 2 o clock position on the outside of the housing. I've returned it and PoolZoom have apologized for the error and will issue a credit.
Pentair parts usually come in a sealed Pentair bag and I decided to play safe and get one from my local brick and mortar pool store. I had to pay 164 USD but I'm comfortable it is the real McCoy. I'm not saying CMP are bad or anything like that but I'm not a pro and wanted the genuine replacement. Just FYI, food for thought.

Attachments

• CMP Housing.jpg
    CMP Housing.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 22
  • Genuine Pentair.jpg
    Genuine Pentair.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 22
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.