Pentair Filter Question

dpdeleon

Bronze Supporter
Jun 2, 2016
NJ
I had a pentair FNS+ 48 gallon filter tank installed at the end of last year. At the end of the season I expect to clean out the grids. Typically, I'll empty all the water from the tank using the drain plug at the bottom of the tank. the drain plug points directly down and when it was installed the installer told me there was nothing I can do to redirect the water from the drain plug. I was thinking some sort of PVC piping or something but he said they tried it all. I'd prefer not to have the water splash directly down and undermine the support underneath the filter. I'm thinking of cutting a house leader in half and sticking it underneath but it seems drastic and I don't know if it'll work.

Anyone have this filter and has solved this problem? I'm supplying a photo of my setup. Thanks.

- denis

Attachments

• FNSfilter.jpg
    FNSfilter.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 8
My filter does exactly the same thing... Not sure of anything that could be used... It would have to be able to swivel and screw on at the same time.... it is not that much water that comes out..

and if you really want you can use a shop vac and get all the water out before you unscrew it :)

My filter does exactly the same thing... Not sure of anything that could be used... It would have to be able to swivel and screw on at the same time.... it is not that much water that comes out..

and if you really want you can use a shop vac and get all the water out before you unscrew it :)
The shop vac idea sounds like the simplest. Sometimes simple is better. Thanks.

You can absolutely do what you are asking about. I just got a couple of bushings from Home Depot, converted from that to 3/4 pex, put a valve on it, and then routed to a drain. Works like a champ.

FD19D318-B20B-4008-9811-79975D56E51D.jpegB4668526-49FA-4626-9E78-BD983419BEB6.jpeg

Reactions: cowboycasey
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.