Pentair EasyTouch 4 remote problems

lcj93fxsts

May 6, 2021
Clovis, CA
Moved from here.
Hello everyone, Thank you for welcoming me. I bought this home about ten years ago and the pool was fairly new and came with a four button Pentair Easytouch. It worked fine for the next nine years. Occasionally, the remote wouldn't even come on, but tapping the back of the battery box would seem to fix the problem. This week, it did that but wouldn't come at all. I put in new batteries but no lights. (Old batteries all checked out at 1.84v). I tried with the remote next to the transmitter, holding the key longer and walking around. All no good.
I did add a new Samsung QLED and a new Harmony 665 remote last week but I've added TVs and remotes w/o issues. I'm wondering if my redneck adjustments may have loosened something. Should I dive in? Or am I missing something easy?
Thanks for reading.
John

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone, Thank you for welcoming me. I bought this home about ten years ago and the pool was fairly new and came with a four button Pentair Easytouch. It worked fine for the next nine years. Occasionally, the remote wouldn't even come on, but tapping the back of the battery box would seem to fix the problem. This week, it did that but wouldn't come at all. I put in new batteries but no lights. (Old batteries all checked out at 1.84v). I tried with the remote next to the transmitter, holding the key longer and walking around. All no good.
I did add a new Samsung QLED and a new Harmony 665 remote last week but I've added TVs and remotes w/o issues. I'm wondering if my redneck adjustments may have loosened something. Should I dive in? Or am I missing something easy?
Thanks for reading.
John
Btw, three lights on the transmitter board, two blink about 5 times in ten seconds but they each gave different pace.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.