Pentair CYA Regent

cdods

May 24, 2018
Smiths Falls, Ontario
Hi, opened my pool and realized we were out of CYA regent. Had enough for one measurement, but need to get more.

Being in Canada, Taylor Regents seem to be worth more than their weight in gold, and with Covid I can't cross the border to pick them up in the USA.

The Pentair CYA Regent seems to be more available. Any reason I'll regret using it? Anyone have a reasonable source for Taylor Regent's in Canada?

Caleb

While it's not one of your typical recommended test items, it's better than strips and should work well for you as a salt pool since you need an elevated CYA level anyways. Here is one previous discussion:

The Pentair reagent must be used with the Pentair tester only...not compatible with Taylor 2006 Kits. The Pentair type cya kits are also sold under the Blue Devil name. I have the Blue Devil version and like to use it to compare with my TF-100. There are no graduations between 60 and 100 on these type of testers so if you have a SWG and keep your cya above 60 it is not as useful as the Taylor 2006 or TF-100.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.