Apr 2, 2021
Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi all.
I have a Pentair (actually a Purex Triton) filter that has a hairline crack in the lid. Given it’s more than likely 22 years old, I’m thinking about replacing the whole filter housing vs just the lid. Not sure how much life is left in it anyway, it’s got that “old fiberglass” look to it. Not relishing spending the $ on the whole thing but if it saves me $ in the long run. It is in the shade, guessing that’s why it’s lasted as long as it has.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    534.7 KB · Views: 9
I would replace the whole filter. That is a potential accident waiting to happen. Go with a large cartridge filter.
I doubt they even sell just the top part - especially given its age.

Reactions: Nordy-que
I would replace the whole filter. That is a potential accident waiting to happen. Go with a large cartridge filter.
I doubt they even sell just the top part - especially given its age.
Thanks - I came to the same conclusion - I ordered a Doheny's brand filter - same size for a lot less than a Pentair one. Fingers crossed that it's a quality product.

Reactions: HermanTX
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.