Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
Hi all,

I was hoping someone could educate me on how a new gunite shell is prepared for application of Pebble Tec. As you can see in the pictures, the plaster surface was left rather rough. This was sprayed last week.

Will this be smoothed prior to Pebble Tec or just sprayed over the existing surface?

Thanks!

Rob S.

Attachments

• IMG_0101.jpg
    IMG_0101.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0102.jpg
    IMG_0102.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0106.jpg
    IMG_0106.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0107.jpg
    IMG_0107.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 58
For ours, they did a shell cleaning prior to the pebble. That is more focused on removing debris, mortar from coping/tile, etc. rather than smoothing out the gunite.

From what I can tell from your pictures, your gunite looks completely normal. Is there a particular area of concern? Note that the gunite is the structure but will be completely covered by the pebble.

Reactions: Rob Snowden
When they sprayed the bench seats, the leading edge dried quite rough (the picture below is shown wet). I appreciate the response. It sounds like this stuff will all work itself out once finished.

Attachments

• IMG_0100.jpg
    IMG_0100.jpg
    551.8 KB · Views: 50
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.