Bronze Supporter
May 20, 2018
Clovis, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Just finished our pool build, and during the process we really went back and forth over which Pebble Tec finish to go with. We were thinking Pebble Fina, but I really could not find much online about what the finish really felt like as far as texture, so wanted to post how it worked out for anyone else in the same spot.

Pebble Fina is in fact a very smooth texture, almost like plaster. It can be very smooth, or a bit of the pebble can come out depending on whether they do an acid wash. We did a light acid wash, which helps bring out some of the abalone shell and some of the texture that really makes the look of the finish stand out. We are SO happy with it, absolutely love it, and are very glad we did not go with the rougher Pebble Sheen or Pebble Tec. It also cost about $1500 less than those two more traditional finishes. Photos are attached - this is the Bella Blue color.

P1000628.jpgP1000618.jpgP1000624.jpg

Just finished our pool build, and during the process we really went back and forth over which Pebble Tec finish to go with. We were thinking Pebble Fina, but I really could not find much online about what the finish really felt like as far as texture, so wanted to post how it worked out for anyone else in the same spot.

Pebble Fina is in fact a very smooth texture, almost like plaster. It can be very smooth, or a bit of the pebble can come out depending on whether they do an acid wash. We did a light acid wash, which helps bring out some of the abalone shell and some of the texture that really makes the look of the finish stand out. We are SO happy with it, absolutely love it, and are very glad we did not go with the rougher Pebble Sheen or Pebble Tec. It also cost about $1500 less than those two more traditional finishes. Photos are attached - this is the Bella Blue color.

View attachment 78004View attachment 78003View attachment 78005
Have you experienced any discoloration?

Reactions: cgtx
No discoloration, a little bit of mottling here and there. I'm the only one that notices. Other people can see it if I point it out, and then only when the sun is not shining on the pool. My wife thinks it looks great, so I'm happy. My pebble contractor says my installation is one of the best they have done, so maybe I'm lucky.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.