PB used Stonescape when contract was for Pebblesheen

Jan 6, 2019
Dallas, TX
I’m getting my pool remodeled (tile, coping, plaster) and my PB was supposed to refinish my pool with pebblesheen. I happened to look on their truck while they were doing the job and noticed that all of the bags said stonescape on them. A quick google search of part numbers and I figured out that they were using an NPT product that looks almost identical. They said they couldn’t stop the job because they had already started, and they are finished now. They claim they just grabbed the wrong pallet but it seems like a crazy coincidence to grab a pallet of nearly identical offbrand pebble. I’ve only paid 60% of the money so far. Do I ask for a big discount? Do I contact pebbletec? Not sure what my real options are at this point. Please help

What does your contract and bill of sale say. If it says Pebbletec...they are wrong and need to resolve. Heck, they acknowledged the error according to your post. Wrong pallet? Not your problem. That's on them.

If you think it's worth 60%...maybe you call it a deal

I'm no expert but seems you could certainly sue them for nonperformance/breach of contract. Report them to ROC in your area.

Before anything I would open up an honest discussion with the builder. While all of us here at TFP can give advice, the builder can fix the problem. Nobody else can. You’ve got options and it’s likely gonna be some back and forth so figure out what you want and work towards that. A redo is an option as is some cash back......but before stressing about anything, talk to the builder.

Before anything I would open up an honest discussion with the builder. While all of us here at TFP can give advice, the builder can fix the problem. Nobody else can. You’ve got options and it’s likely gonna be some back and forth so figure out what you want and work towards that. A redo is an option as is some cash back......but before stressing about anything, talk to the builder.
I have a follow up meeting with them on Monday. They are supposed to have a revised contract price to reflect the “honest mistake”. There were several issues throughout this process (had wrong grout color, didn’t show up multiple times and wasn’t contacted). At this point I think I just want a lower price and to be done with them.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Tell them to take the 60% and leave or remove what they installed and install the correct product. Hopefully you have photos of the bags of incorrect product bring installed. The raw material difference will probably amount to less than that, but they should have some additional liability for their mistake as well.

If your contract says Pebble Tec and you want Pebble Tec make them remove it and install correct material. If the pool looks good and you like the look then a discounted price can be negotiated. The discount is up to what both parties agree is fair, if the relationship has already soured this may be difficult and just let the courts handle.

I was able to come to an agreement with the PB. He gave me a decent discount on the finish and gave me a new jandy watercolors light and installed it. Was not a pleasant experience overall, but now the pool is good to go for the kids to swim all summer. Thanks everybody for the advice.
Mike, how about some pictures of the finished pool?

I was able to come to an agreement with the PB. He gave me a decent discount on the finish and gave me a new jandy watercolors light and installed it. Was not a pleasant experience overall, but now the pool is good to go for the kids to swim all summer. Thanks everybody for the advice.

Glad to hear you got things resolved. FWIW I don't think there's really much difference between the two pebble products, the quality, durability, and appearance of the finished product are all about the skill and expertise of the crew installing it.

Reactions: Arizonarob

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.