Paver Brands - New Install in NJ

Never used unilock so cant say. I *believe* they are a cheaper paver to cambridge, so if the price is the same he may be trying to make more than going with cambridge. Install is the same with any paver in relation to size, the pattern can add more labor and so does cut in borders. Pavers fade, a sealer is a must, I seal any cemtatious product on all my jobs. UV protection keeps them looking good much much longer

If you have an authorized Unilock installer, Unilock will include a lifetime warranty on the blocks. It isn't the most valuable of a warranty in the end, labor for replacement isn't included. etc. etc. etc., but Unilock seems to want to stand by their blocks and offer up some kind of warranty. Also, if an authorized contractor installs them, at a minimum, they need to offer a 2 year guarantee on major settling or failures with installation.

Plus, I like the new " Enduracolor" in some of their line of blocks. My existing patio is a Unilock patio (10 yrs old), but did not have that and there is aggregate comiong through and the color is not as uniform anymore. The new Enduracolor is supposed to have the color much deeper in the blocks.

Don't want to sound like a Unilock sales guy here, but there are some good points to going with that brand. I did and like it, not to say other choices are bad. Unilock is not a available nationwide either, but if you have that option, its worth looing at.
I guess that "Enduracolor" is similar to the Armortec from Cambridge? If it wouldn't be too much trouble do you have a picture of your 10 year old patio? Just curious on how it would look down the road. Our installer has in writing he will warranty any settling for 5 years that's how confident they are in their base.

I believe you are correct on the jargon the block makers use for their colors.

My 10 yr old patio is going to look much different than my 10 yr old pool patio in the future. For my existing patio, I went with Old Greenwich, "cobble stone" type blocks, and in theory, the new patio should fare much better over 10 yrs than my existing one has done. I never sealed the old patio, will seal the pool patio in the spring. I tried to find a photo of the existing patio, here is the best one I could find now, this was from the spring when a huge storm rolled through, was trying to catch the flooding in the back haha!

IMG_4526.jpg

Originally, we were going to go with this type of paver and color for the new pool, but these blocks and colors have been long discontinued, so we went with something different. In our case, the pool area is a "separate" area, so a sidewalk to the pool area, and then the pool patio are a different space so we could get away with different colors and patterns.

My builder also gives a 5 year warranty, he is very confident is the base he installs to last that long and would be confident we wont have many issues.

I believe you are correct on the jargon the block makers use for their colors.

My 10 yr old patio is going to look much different than my 10 yr old pool patio in the future. For my existing patio, I went with Old Greenwich, "cobble stone" type blocks, and in theory, the new patio should fare much better over 10 yrs than my existing one has done. I never sealed the old patio, will seal the pool patio in the spring. I tried to find a photo of the existing patio, here is the best one I could find now, this was from the spring when a huge storm rolled through, was trying to catch the flooding in the back haha!

View attachment 169365

Originally, we were going to go with this type of paver and color for the new pool, but these blocks and colors have been long discontinued, so we went with something different. In our case, the pool area is a "separate" area, so a sidewalk to the pool area, and then the pool patio are a different space so we could get away with different colors and patterns.

My builder also gives a 5 year warranty, he is very confident is the base he installs to last that long and would be confident we wont have many issues.
Thanks! They did hold up well and still look very nice. I've just read places and not sure how true but with Cambridge that "Armortec" wears off or something.

Never used unilock so cant say. I *believe* they are a cheaper paver to cambridge, so if the price is the same he may be trying to make more than going with cambridge. Install is the same with any paver in relation to size, the pattern can add more labor and so does cut in borders. Pavers fade, a sealer is a must, I seal any cemtatious product on all my jobs. UV protection keeps them looking good much much longer
Sounds good. I will definitely ask for that. My wife really likes the Cambridge and I do as well so I will opt for those. In terms of color and style we like the Onyx natural 3pc from the ledgestone series. Thanks for the input.

I've used the ledgestone in onyx a few years back. Was a good product we had no issues. I will say those darker greys change a little with sun exposure so definitely seal it with a high quality sealer that has UV protection if you want the original color to hang around

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.