Painting concrete pool deck

ethany

LifeTime Supporter
May 23, 2009
Trenton NJ
Well the concrete is looking like it needs something besides pressure washing. It’s structurally sound and in good shape but is just blah. I was thinking of paint. It’s never been treated,sealed and it’s about 15 yrs old. I guess my question is does anyone have any tips for painting concrete?

A good cleaning is essential for good adhesion. I use a sherwin-williams stain on my concrete deck. I've painted twice in 15 years. Painting the flat deck is a breeze with a good roller. For the bullnose, I've lowered the pool level about 6", then take to the water and use a brush.

Reactions: birdgirl2014
Pressure wash first. Any low lying areas that accumulate standing water paint first with a concrete primer. We used this stuff. I don’t know how cool it will actually keep the concrete because we painted it this spring. It does look great and it hasn’t flaked or anything. Seems really durable and stains come up very easily with a scrub brush.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.