Markymarks

Jun 3, 2020
SE Michigan
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hey super smart pool people! I'm back with another question that my searches of the internet have not answered.

Can't 100% confirm that the filter we have is a Sand Dollar but we have the base from the photo in the left and every image of 154710 (image of just the fitting) looks exactly like the drain fitting we have. When attempting to open our pool this year, I threaded in the drain plug (highlighted in yellow in image on right) and it did the dreaded thread jump every time it was close to tight. The hex fitting it screws into has multiple cracks around its circumference. I can not find 150053 or 154710 in stock anywhere and it looks like it was used up until 2004 or 2009 depending on what parts page I look at. So I ordered 150055 which is the newer and must be better piece. It came in today and the cap or plug piece screws onto the filter body and not the drain plug part....

Anyone encounter this before? Any advice? Any other drain plug that would fit?

Attachments

• Pac Fab Sand Dollar.PNG
    Pac Fab Sand Dollar.PNG
    46.6 KB · Views: 4
  • pac 154710.jpg
    pac 154710.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 4
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.