P.s.i after solar installation.

It is hard to tell from the picture so do you know if that is the flapper type of check valve or spring loaded type of check valve. Does the filter check valve look the same?

You can either post the photo to a photo sharing site, and post the link here as an attached image, or if you prefer you can become a supporter here (link in upper left) and get 10, 15 or 20 megabytes of storage space (depending on contributor level) vs the 256 KB (1/4 Megabyte) storage all member get.

I am going to guess that is a spring type check valve, you may want to see if it has a model number or a psi spring strength listed on it, these can typically range anywhere from 1/2 psi to 5 psi for the springs, being a relatively short model, my guess is a strong spring.

From your drawing, I noticed that the full flow goes to the inlet header of the first array, with some water going up through the panels and the rest continuing to the inlet header of the second array. Other installers would have split before going to the first array, sending half the water to the first array and half the water to the second array. The outlet side is done the same, again adding a bit more friction loss, and likewise, it's normally tee'd back together after the second array. It will work fine, although I doubt the flow will be as close to equal in the two arrays as it would be if split before either array. Not a huge deal, just not the ideal way to do the split.

needsajet: It can be hard to get balanced flow doing what you propose depending on the actual roof top positioning, therefore there may be some validity in the method used, we don't have enough information from the drawing to conclude which would be best in this situation.

Do you have the length of runs for each of the pipes?

attachment.php

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
At this point, I don't suspect the valve because that is inline with solar on or off and since you have much lower pressure with solar off, that is not causing the issue.

And no, I don't see a link.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.