Overnight Chlorine test

Well at least I am getting consistent results. I am using around 64 ounces of 12% a day. I say around because I measure it out on a scale, so I am adding 64 dry ounces of liquid 12%. I'm not really sure of the conversion of liquid 12% bleach to ounces. I read an old post from 3 years ago on here, but they were converting 6% bleach not 12% and I know 12% should weigh more. If anybody knows what 12% weighs in ounces, I would like to know. at least as of yesterday, my morning read was 6 FC I added 64 dry oz. 12% and tested a couple of hours later and got 9.5 FC. I'm hoping todays test will be the same so I have a sense of what I'm really adding. The pour out around 2 quarts method was resulting in a lot of bad guesses. At 6 FC and 9.5 FC my water is crystal clear, no chlorine odor, no sliminess to the water, no burning of eyes or dryness of skin. I have to assume this is what my pool is going to use. There is zero algae growth in the pool and my sand was replaced last year. Some days I do have a slight clear slime-like substance in my skimmer when it is full of leaves. There is no slime-like substance on the surface of the pool, only in the skimmer. When I pull the basket and clean it out, there is no more slime. I'm thinking this is an accumulation of pollen from the garden around the pool. Sorry for the long post, but I am really trying my hardest to get it right.

Okay, so I'm wrong about the 64 oz. additions. Just did a second FC test today and showed 7.5, needing another quart of 12%. I was trying to weigh out the 12% liquid on a scale to be more accurate, but I don't know how much 12% weighs. I guess if there is no formula I just need to weigh a quart and go from there.

Believe it or not, because I don't have one and before I was going through a lot more chlorine. I plan on getting something to measure it out now. I'm a baker at heart and we like to use weight more than measuring cups. Preferably in Grams. LOL.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.