Overnight Bromine Loss Test?

irekz

May 12, 2020
UK
Hi everyone.

Friends of mine have a bromine hot tub and I was discussing TFP method with them.
They will be doing an ahhsome purge soon, but I wonder about Overnigh Bromine Loss Test.
In chlorine tub - 25% loss over 24h is considered a very good result.
Would 25% be also expected in very clean bromine tub (covered, at 90F, no ozone/UV - we will disconnect that)?

Cheers!
Irek

Irek,

Ozone and UV in a hot tub is a good thing as no sun gets to the water...

As far as the bromine goes I could never get it to work so I went SWG just like you, loved my chlormaker :)

As far as the bromine goes I could never get it to work so I went SWG just like you, loved my chlormaker :)
I fully agree, love our SWG - but firend's wife claims she is sensitive to chlorine and they like bromine much better. They had some issues with bromine level going down (possibly biofilm) - so I adviced to do ahhsome purge + overnigh loss test.

Just not sure what is the expected bromine loss over 24h in clean spa (with no external factors like UV or ozone).....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.