Outdoor Island - coming along well.

Wow, the pop up outlet is very cool! Would love to retro fit one of those into our island. I put power on the back side of the island for blenders, etc, but the pop up one would be more convenient (even if just for the cool factor!). Are these rated for outdoor/wet weather conditions?

DOMO said:
Wow, the pop up outlet is very cool! Would love to retro fit one of those into our island. I put power on the back side of the island for blenders, etc, but the pop up one would be more convenient (even if just for the cool factor!). Are these rated for outdoor/wet weather conditions?

Honestly don't know, they have a pretty good seal on the top when closed, my outlets are gfi so I feel pretty safe.

Thanks, its coming along, got all the silicone in this weekend. If you look over the pizza oven in the last picture, there is a hose and gas line showing. I am building a very similar looking enclosure (can see the granite top under my Mountain Dew on the table), with a stainless cabinet, for looks as well as protection. Then I am adding wrought iron fencing on both sides to seal off the window well behind it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Simply Awesome! I wish I had the space you have
Anyway, are the metal studs sitting on PT wood? I couldn't tell from the pics. Starting my island grill and researching materials, build methods. Getting different suggestions for what to do for the sill/top plate.
Anyway nice build

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.