Outdoor ceiling fans

We needed two fans for our covered patio (the patio ceiling is that white aluminum with wood grain). I was concerned about droopy blades that others have commented on. And so many of the fans I looked at were way too pricey. I eventually found these fans: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000LNV7IA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Apparently they're for warehouses, etc (indoor/industrial), but I really liked the clean/simple low profile look and they just blend in with the ceiling. Obviously they're fans only- no lights, but we had planned on hanging string lights anyway. Our climate is very dry so moisture isn't really an issue, but with the stiff metal blades I really suspect they would be fine in other climates too as long as they weren't getting rain blown directly on them. Speaking off metal blades, you do have to have a sufficiently high ceiling so they're not a safety hazard.
We also bought these wall-mounted speed controls so we could do away with the unsightly chains dangling: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002YQ8FA/ref=od_aui_detailpages01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
It's been about a year and we've been pleased with the look and functionality.

I didn't see what your budget was but for $250 per these are the fans we are buying. Don't have them installed yet but every review I can find is 5 stars and they move a ton of air - 10K CFM. For us in south Florida, it may actually make us cold!!!

60" Casa Vieja Turbina Oil-Rubbed Bronze Ceiling Fan - #U4514 | www.lampsplus.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An update on our fans. We wound up getting the fans we wanted on sale for $200 a piece ($50 off each fan). They are still on sale until the end of the month. They certainly move a lot of air on high speed and are what we were looking for in the airflow department. In terms of looks, they are simple but nice. But if you are used to 5 blade fans, these appear smaller when off, naturally because there are only 3 blades. They look a bit undersized in our 16' wide covered patio, even though they are bigger than our indoor fans in similar sized rooms. On low and medium speed there is essential no noise but on high speed you hear some chop due to the metal blades. But honestly, high may be too strong with the exception of mid summer in south Florida. Overall I am happy with them for the price and most importantly for the airflow. I can snap a picture later if anyone is interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.