Our Pool and Deck Build - We're finished!

Hi amjohn. Yes, our pool got back up to 82 with solar cover. I haven't checked it today, but we have more rain and coolfront coming in. So we're considering the season over! I've decided also to pull the wedding cake steps out for the winter and will send DH :mrgreen: in to fetch the weights! As for the ants, (sigh)...

Thanks flyboy. I'd love to see pictures of your deck. Did y'all do a picture thing as you were building it? I kept forgetting to grab the camera during one of many breaks to get pictures, since I was the other half out there helping to build it. But I think everyone gets the gist. The Behr sealed the deck quite well in the 24 hours it had to work. While we lost the color, the sealant has done a great job through eight straight days of rain. SO I'll be calling Behr back to see what they can offer to help us get the cedar color back on there. Not sure they can do anything, but worth a try.

We did take pictures along the way...but probably not as many as we should have! And like you... Kathy was my primary helper and it's real easy to forget about the camera. Yall must be on the western side of this Low that has been drowning us (on the east side). During the past three weeks, we have only had 1 day where we had zero rain at our house. I've already recorded 1.5 inches in the past 6 hours. At least the deck is not drying out! ...it may rot or float away...but it's not drying out! :mrgreen:

We have an ant issue as well. I have a Restricted Pesticide License (hobby) and can keep ants out of the house...but outside...with all the rain...just throwing money away to try to kill ants. When things are dryer I can keep them knocked back...but not when it's flooding everyday!

Again...Your pool and deck look great! :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.