Bigtymetexan

Jan 9, 2021
The Woodlands, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
The family said they wanted a "resort" style setup so I did my best. The key thing is that we did all of this (sans the pool itself and palm trees) on a budget. I scoured to find the best deals and did any electrical, technical and appliance work myself. Example: The sound system was 2 - 50w speakers wired to a 30w amp using 14AWG speaker wire. It uses BT and we just stream to it. Total price was $75.

If you want more details on the stuff, I can give links if you want them. :cool:

IMG_5107.jpegIMG_5108.jpegIMG_5109.jpegIMG_5110.jpegIMG_5111.jpegIMG_5112.jpegIMG_5106.jpeg

Love the little putting green! I set up my net and hitting mat next to the pool so I can cool off after practice. I also like to chip into my spa and when I miss (often) the “punishment” is a dive down to the bottom 10’ below for ball retrieval.

Love the little putting green! I set up my net and hitting mat next to the pool so I can cool off after practice. I also like to chip into my spa and when I miss (often) the “punishment” is a dive down to the bottom 10’ below for ball retrieval.
Thank you! I play a moderate amount golf and wanted something simple (not one of those putting areas that take up yard space) and this was great (and cheap). The kids actually like it which I found very cool. :)

This is the green I bought -> Putt-A-Bout Grassroots Par Three Putting Green and bought the flag here -> Golf Flagsticks Mini.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That's beautiful and I love the multiple separate different lounge-y seating areas plus a nice dining table space near the outdoor kitchen. That's how I really wanted to set ours up, but we just don't quite have enough space. Only thing you may need to watch is those Queen Palms tend to die around here almost anytime there is anything beyond a mild freeze.

Love it. Is that just stamped concrete? Almost looks like a knock down texture on drywall
It's Kool Deck. Honestly, we debated using Travertine for the entire area but we decided it was better to use KD as it was great contrast to the pool edge, easy and cheap to repair (if it has issues at some point), cooler on the feet and cheaper (overall cost).

It was cheap enough where I had the standard homebuilder patio sprayed as well so it all blended. We just use Travertine as the coping, top of back edge of pool and planter top.

That's beautiful and I love the multiple separate different lounge-y seating areas plus a nice dining table space near the outdoor kitchen. That's how I really wanted to set ours up, but we just don't quite have enough space. Only thing you may need to watch is those Queen Palms tend to die around here almost anytime there is anything beyond a mild freeze.
Thank you!!

You are correct on the Queens. We bought these after the 2021 freeze in Houston (we all remember that one) but nothing could have made it through 9 degrees. :eek:

The queens we bought are a hybrid that are brought from the west very young and grown/raised in the south to create some resiliency. I think they call them Queen Piru's. They did survive the winter (2022) and are growing nicely. :) We will see what next winter brings.

It's Kool Deck. Honestly, we debated using Travertine for the entire area but we decided it was better to use KD as it was great contrast to the pool edge, easy and cheap to repair (if it has issues at some point), cooler on the feet and cheaper (overall cost).

It was cheap enough where I had the standard homebuilder patio sprayed as well so it all blended. We just use Travertine as the coping, top of back edge of pool and planter top.

Thanks! I think it looks great.

Reactions: Bigtymetexan
Looks great! This is a great example in that making your backyard like a resort can actually *save* you money...no need to go on multiple vacations to experience paradise. Plus, you get you listen to the music YOU want to listen to!

Reactions: Bigtymetexan
Looks great! This is a great example in that making your backyard like a resort can actually *save* you money...no need to go on multiple vacations to experience paradise. Plus, you get you listen to the music YOU want to listen to!
Thanks!

That was (is) the plan. We can either relax, cook, watch TV, swim, listen to music or any combination of the aforementioned. Saves so much money vs. pricey vacations and it's available anytime. Family and friends love to come over and enjoy which is really what counts 🏊‍♂️:cool:

Reactions: HeyEng

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.