Orenda SC-1000 and FC consumption.

Bvacchiano

Silver Supporter
Apr 6, 2018
Sugar Land, Texas
All my builder left a gallon of this stuff after the pool build so I decided I would use it until it’s done. However has anybody noticed it eats up ALL the FC in the pool after it is added. I checked my FC at 7:00 am this morning with the tf-100 kit and it read 5.5. Right on the money. I added the SC1000. I checked my chlorine at 4:00 pm today and it was at .5!! SWG working fine. Output at 40% like its been for weeks. This is SECOND time this has happened after adding the SC1000. What’s the deal??? Is it just masking the FC reading? I also tried the OTC and same thing.

Cya is 70. It’s definitely not a cya/FC issue. Pump comes on at 6 and runs till 5. Like I was saying second time this exact scenario was duplicated. I found a post on Amazon where somebody said same thing. Never had an issue with FC until I add this stuff. I check my FC at least once,5 days a week as I keep trying to dial in my SWG as temp changes,etc. I also checked my CYA at 70 the day before.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.