Ordering Chemicals through Amazon

Dec 21, 2014
Clayton, CA
Does anyone use Amazon to order chemicals, especially chlorine and acid? If so, I would appreciate your recommendations! My small, local hardware store is closing and since I can't support them anymore, I might as well take advantage of that Prime account... Thanks in advance!

How about your local grocery store for bleach? Walmart's pool section often carries 10% liquid chlorine, or just their great value bleach.

Just don't buy anything with scents, thickeners, cloramax technology.....what you want is just plain bleach! Usually 6% strength these days.

Maddie :flower:

(Think of your poor mailman having to haul a bazillion gallons of liquid chlorine to your door! Ouch! Ya better tip big at Xmas!)

I order online CYA "Puri Tech" from Amazon for <$2/pound and Calcium chloride Pellets (snow melt) from Walmart.

All the rest comes from a "Neighborhood" Walmart bleach, baking soda, 20 mule team borax.
and
Lowes - muriatic acid

Since liquid chlorine and muriatic acid both weigh roughly 8 lbs a gallon it is prohibitively expensive to have it shipped in quantities smaller than a pallet. They also have to be kept upright and in vented containers, making them both pretty much no-go's for UPS or FedEx.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.