Order to add chemicals and how long to wait?

Jul 2, 2017
Cary, NC
High maintenance pool due to trees on a wooded lot, pests, etc. Our pool is difficult to keep a FC reading, even when there has been proper CYA. Due to the debri, we have a high chlorine demand. Have been going to pool stores but want to try this alternative. We have been jsing a smaller test kit and it does measure FC or CYA. So i have used ours for PH and TA and then run to the pool store for the other 2 readings. We are ordering the TF100 tonight though!

Ive read about chemicals here, how they work and i found the calculator. I saw the post describing the chemicals and how to add them. However i was wanting to know what order to add them and how long to wait in between them. I need to put together a summary and print it out so that i can remember. I have my latest readings which are all low. Our pool pump died and we had to wait approx 2 weeks for the new pump and install and we have then shocked, vaccumed, and pool is clear. I can post readings below, but lets assume i needed to add everything, which i do :). Can anyone please help me make this cheat sheet? If there is already one similar i didnt see, can you share the link with me?
Thanks!!!!
FC=0
TAC=0
CH=270
CYA=0
TA=30
PH=7.0

Last edited:
Maybe the experts can correct me, but if it were me, I would be adding bleach immediately to get your chlorine levels up before you get algae. Then I would add some CYA, so you are not consuming huge amounts of chlorine due to sun breakdown. No need to wait between these two. The pH is too low, but depending on your situation, such as water features, spa spillway, or wind on the pool to aerate the water, it could come up to normal in a few days.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.