Orange combined chlorine

Bamstrup

Jun 13, 2022
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
1FA6E534-9709-4254-B0FC-13E4425236DD.jpegOk so have been slamming and trying our best to pass out slam. I feel like we are getting close? Our liner is a little wrinkly and there's some small spots of algae and I just bought a small hand scrubber brush maker for dishes since the broom isn't taking it off. Hopefully that'll do the trick because otherwise I have no idea what ks making our CC skyrocket continually. It wasn't even this high when we opened the pool and the water was green. Anyways - when I'm logging this test result how do I even pick a number? Does it matter? At this point?

Ftr our water has been clear and blue for over a week. Sand filter going brushing and vacuuming and doing morning and evening tests to maintain slam FC. It rained a ton for 24hrs but our CC has been continuously "off the chart".

Thanks!!

That is the OTO chlorine test. It measure total chlorine (TC) only and it’s not at all accurate. It’s mainly a test for the presence of chlorine. You can not do a SLAM properly with OTO. You need to use the DPD-FAS test to determine FC and CC separately.

Are you using the correct test kit? Either a Taylor K-2006 or a TF-100 from TFTestKits?

That is the OTO chlorine test. It measure total chlorine (TC) only and it’s not at all accurate. It’s mainly a test for the presence of chlorine. You can not do a SLAM properly with OTO. You need to use the DPD-FAS test to determine FC and CC separately.

Are you using the correct test kit? Either a Taylor K-2006 or a TF-100 from TFTestKits?
Oh well Crud! Boy do I feel dumb. It says it right there. Ugh. Oh for crying out loud it's even at the end of their YouTube video. Good grief lol. Yes I have the TF-100.

Just did it *right* and my CC is zero. Yay!!

Thanks youuuuuu lol

It says it right there. Ugh. Oh for crying out loud it's even at the end of their YouTube video. Good grief lol.
Ha ha hee hee. We've all been there.

Shirley Temple Giggle GIF

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.