optimal time to run pool solar heater

Do you have a solar controller? It will do the work for you, only opening the solar valve when heat is available and needed. I run my VS pump from 8a to 10p at 1100 rpm on solar standby, skimming and making chlorine with the SWG. When solar heat is available the solar controller ramps up the pump speed and opens the solar valve. It allows you to set a high point, we have ours set to 93.

In FL, some pool owners also run the pool solar panels at night to "cool" the water.
If you don't have an automated system (measuring water temp and controlling the by-pass valve for the panels) - how long you run pool water through the panels depends on how much pool heating you want, how many panels you have (the panel size and how efficient the panels are), and the amount of sun or clouds, etc. and will vary a lot.

Do you have a solar controller? It will do the work for you, only opening the solar valve when heat is available and needed. I run my VS pump from 8a to 10p at 1100 rpm on solar standby, skimming and making chlorine with the SWG. When solar heat is available the solar controller ramps up the pump speed and opens the solar valve. It allows you to set a high point, we have ours set to 93.
What is the effect of running the solar at a lower speed?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.