Opinion on Timers with Pump & SWG

kplaster

Bronze Supporter
Jan 24, 2010
Randleman,NC
OK,been running pump timer on SWG timer.Who runs this way.Concerned because SWG stays on all the time.Will this mess the System up like this?Is system still working while there is no water flow?

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

I am not sure what "running pump timer on SWG timer" means.

Doesn't the AquaTrol have a built in timer that is designed to turn the pump on and off? I would think that the SWG was designed to not operate when the SWG timer is not on. There may also be a flow switch that is a backup to prevent the SWG from generating when there is no flow.

The lack of flow through the flow switch should certainly shut down production. But that is generally supposed to be a backup to the power being cut. I guess I am not sure if there is an internal tie between the built-in SWG timer and the SWG production ... I would assume there is as that would make sense, but I am not certain.

Sounds like you are using it per its design, so should be fine.

According to the manual, here, https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.hayward-pool.com/pdf/manuals/AquaTrol.pdf&q=aquatrol&ved=0ahUKEwifns31k87LAhUISiYKHUXdB1IQFggbMAA&usg=AFQjCNGh5A7Xfwqpz6tzTVAx-rPB6wUxPw&sig2=rwKqEqQ3EJRyM9YXPpA9Fw, there is a POWER LED and a GENERATING LED

From the manual,
Indicator LED's
POWER When illuminated, the Aqua Trol has input power.
GENERATING This LED is on steady during normal operation. When flashing, the pool water is too hot or cold to operate.

The main switch should be left in the AUTO position, is that where yours is set?
From the manual,
Main Switch
AUTO: For normal operation, the Main Switch should be left in the AUTO position. In this position the Aqua Trol® will produce chlorine according to the "Desired Level %" adjustment setting for the entire filtering/pumping cycle.

Yes,it's in auto.My ? Is when pump is off is the SWG working .Shows power.I have it set s 30% now.I haven't seen the generating light come on with pump off.I figure the no flow of water will sense not to produce chlorine

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.