For the chlorine test, I used the 25ml sample and multiplied the drops by .2

FC .4
CC 1.8
pH 7.0 *base demand 14 drops
TA 70
Calcium Hardness 180
CYA 30ppm

What do I fix first?

Just to be sure.... you added the powder and 2 drops turned it clear. Then you added the other drops and it went pink again and it took 9 drops to go clear again?

If so, you need to SLAM.

Your pH is a hair low, but aeration just from circulation should fix that with no chemicals needed, and you can fine-tune it all after the SLAM. Right now, pH is just a hair low but CYA is ideal for the SLAM.

What does the water look like? Clear, cloudy, murky, green, sludge?

Just to be sure.... you added the powder and 2 drops turned it clear. Then you added the other drops and it went pink again and it took 9 drops to go clear again?

If so, you need to SLAM.

Your pH is a hair low, but aeration just from circulation should fix that with no chemicals needed, and you can fine-tune it all after the SLAM. Right now, pH is just a hair low but CYA is ideal for the SLAM.

What does the water look like? Clear, cloudy, murky, green, sludge?

Yessir, thats exactly how I did the chlorine test.

Water is murky green.

Yessir, thats exactly how I did the chlorine test.

Water is murky green.
Now that the threads are merged, I see where we are.

Advice still holds. You're going to start really making progress now that you can monitor FC & CC every couple hours. Watch the filter pressure, because DE filters clean really good and will clog really fast with dead algae.

Well, it has been 4 days since the last post in this thread.

I was wondering where you were in this process, and what is going on with your pool?

Yeah, while DE filters are wonderful and provide the quickest filtering of even the smallest/finest debris in clean clear water....IF the pool is filled with algae they filter so good that they clog quickly and have to be dealt with. Sort of a trade off, huh? Definitely motivation to keep a pool clear! LOL

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.