opening pool

UPDATE!! Well 28 hours and 23 gallons later I GOT IT!!!!!! Pool is holding chlorine and 0.5 CC. Still very cloudy but now blue cloudy not green cloudy!! I LOVE TFP. Will continue to brush backwash and vac each day!! BEST news, I did it for $95.00!!!! So anyone who is skeptical, TRUST ME, you can go from a swamp to a clean pool if you just trust the knowledge of the good people on this site. SOMEONE was always online to help me with any questions I had. I have been taking pics and I will try to post them as soon as the filter does the rest of the job!! BTW I have to share 2 comments I recieved from friends with pools when I pulled my cover off and showed them the swamp..
Friend 1 "Your planning on just draining that right??
Friend 2 " No worries just have the pool company come out they will have you taken care of in no time, it should only run you about $1000.00. ( wow what a deal huh)

I added about 1 cup DE left it in there over 24 hours, not exactly sure how this is suppose to work, the pressure was about 3 or 4 pounds over when I backwashed, didnt really seem to make adifference. Thinking on adding 2 cups today, how long should I leave it in there before I backwash??? Someone said let the pressure build all the way untill you have almost no pressure running thru your returns??? Any insight on this??

I added about 1 cup DE left it in there over 24 hours, not exactly sure how this is suppose to work, the pressure was about 3 or 4 pounds over when I backwashed, didnt really seem to make adifference. Thinking on adding 2 cups today, how long should I leave it in there before I backwash??? Someone said let the pressure build all the way untill you have almost no pressure running thru your returns??? Any insight on this??
No, the usual 25% pressure rise still holds true. If you run at 16psi normally (for easy math example) when it rises to 20, it's time to backwash, DE or not.

Don't expect there to be an instant change in appearance. It's like the CYA test - you're looking at cloudy water. The spacing on the CYA scale isn't even. Same with the pool. You might have removed half the stuff already, but it just isn't apparent yet.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi Richard!! Hey, did you read my good news post!! Worked like a charm went from green to blue in 24 hours!! Ok, I will just be patient. The pool is holding chlorine really good with 0 CC.. In fact it is steadier than it has been since it was put in!! I usually run at 20% pressure. So I would backwash at 25% correct??

Keep that chlorine up at slam level until your water is clear ... the cc's is just one of the end of slam tests! You are almost done, but could still take several more days!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.