Opening pool after some lovely critter used the cover as their bathroom, advice please:)

MNJ

Jun 4, 2021
NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
We had some animal droppings on the pool cover that were cleaned up, but probably dissolved a little bit into the water before we were able to get them . Just in case they were raccoon droppings, the eggs are approximately 75 um x 60 um in size, I’d like to do a little extra filtering on the pool if possible.

I was thinking I would open as normal and then backwash after running the filter for 48 hours and possibly add some clarifier to catch anything that the sand filter might have missed initially. Does this sound reasonable? It’s still pretty chilly here so I don’t imagine anyone will be in the pool for at least a week.

Any other recommendations for way to provide a little extra sanitation to my pool?

A family member keeps insisting it’s a a large toad doing it 🤷It’s pretty long poop 😭

Unfortunately from everything I’ve read if it is raccoons, chlorine doesn’t help with the eggs that can be in droppings. I’m aiming to filter everything out of the water.